If you’re looking for a career that will motivate, challenge, and excitement, look no further. CW50 offers you the potential to grow in a creative, fun, and fast-paced work environment.
Work for a company with a long history of success and be a part of an award-winning team. The CW50 staff is comprised of dedicated and enthusiastic people who each possess unique talents and abilities. The Emmys, The Telly Awards, The Associated Press News Awards, The Michigan Association of Broadcasting Awards are just a few of the many awards achieved by employees at CW50.
CW50 provides careers in business, commercial production, design, engineering, office services, programming, promotions, public affairs, and sales.
We take note of hard work and promote from within. There are also plenty of opportunities for relocation at one of our many stations across the country.
CBS Corporation places a high value on providing equal employment opportunity and maintaining a diverse workforce. We work hard to comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination, and we strive to make our workforce reflect the rich diversity of our society. CBS Corporation recruits and hires without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.
We offer excellent benefit packages for our full-time employees.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- 401k with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
WKBD CW50 Detroit welcomes your cooperation in its recruitment efforts. If you know of individuals who might be interested and qualified for this position, please refer them to us as indicated in the description.
Please do not mail, email, or fax resumes to our offices. Only qualified candidates considered will be contacted for an interview.
WWJ-TV CBS and WKBD-TV, CW50 Detroit has an immediate opening for the position of Promotion Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage station’s on-air promotion inventory to maximize ratings results by overseeing daily promotion input to station logs.
- Schedule and manage all departmental and commercial production needs and work to maximize department’s production capabilities.
- Oversee feeds for network and syndicated promotional material, as well as other creative as needed.
- Manage/assign out-of-house print and digital creative executions.
- Produce/edit on-air promotional spots and other marketing efforts as needed
- Coordinate promotion graphics needs with designers.
- Work with Creative Services Director to conceptualize then execute effective and creative marketing efforts for the station, both on-air and off.
- Assist with planning and tracking on-air strategies.
- Coordinate and execute co-op submission and reimbursement process.
- Organize and execute station promotional and community events.
- Operate as the point person with Encompass for promotional or programming issues.
MINIMUM ABILITY, SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree at the university level in Radio/TV communications, production, or related field preferred.
- Five years experience managing a station promotion department or five years experience in a major market station promotion department is preferred. Other related experience will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Must have a conceptually creative thought process, be able to problem solve and find positive solutions to challenges, and possess a high level of skills to achieve maximum production quality in all projects.
- Must have an excellent ‘can-do’ attitude, project a positive work ethic and influence to creative staff, and possess strong organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
This is the only method in which applications will be accepted for open positions. Please include a cover letter with your resume.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Only qualified candidates considered for this position will be contacted for an interview. We regret that we cannot accept phone calls or respond to individual inquiries.
Thanks for visiting CW50!
WKBD-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
It is the continuing policy of CW50 to afford equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or physical or mental disability, veteran’s status, marital status, or height or weight and to conform to applicable federal and state laws and regulations.