If you're looking for a career that will motivate, challenge and excitement, look no further. CW50 offers you the potential to grow in a creative, fun and fast-paced work environment.
Work for a company with a long history of success and be a part of an award-winning team. The CW50 staff is comprised of dedicated and enthusiastic people who each possess unique talents and abilities. The Emmys, The Telly Awards, The Associated Press News Awards, The Michigan Association of Broadcasting Awards are just a few of the many awards achieved by employees at CW50.
CW50 provides careers in business, commercial production, design, engineering, office services, programming, promotions, public affairs, and sales.
We take note of hard work and promote from within. There are also plenty of opportunities for relocation at one of our many stations across the country.
CBS Corporation places a high value on providing equal employment opportunity and maintaining a diverse workforce. We work hard to comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination, and we strive to make our workforce reflect the rich diversity of our society. CBS Corporation recruits and hires without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.
We offer excellent benefit packages for our full-time employees.
Medical, Dental and Vision
401k with company match
Paid vacation and holidays
WKBD CW50 Detroit welcomes your cooperation in its recruitment efforts. If you know of individuals who might be interested and qualified for this position, please refer them to us as indicated in the description.
Please do not mail, email, or fax resumes to our offices. Only qualified candidates considered will be contacted for an interview.
The Sales/Research Assistant provides administrative support to the staff of the Sales Department. Duties include general research, clerical, and project-based work, with special focus in the areas of sales and research. The Sales Assistant projects a professional company image through in-person and phone interaction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinating, preparing, and finalizing materials necessary for sales presentations to clients and media departments of advertising agencies.
- Assists Research Director with creation of Research materials and presentations.
- Research new market opportunities using internal systems.
- Accurately entering and maintaining Sales TV orders, make-goods and revisions, pull spot detail reports for clients, and including file maintenance for Account Executives. Work with Traffic department to facilitate execution.
- Create one-sheets, re-capping Research success.
- Create and modify documents using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as other internal software systems used in the Sales Dept.
- Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: handling phone calls, filing, photocopying, presentations, faxing, mailing, and other administrative duties for Sales Managers and Account Executives.
- Support staff in assigned project based work.
MINIMUM ABILITY, SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Highly proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, World Wide Web, and other related internet applications.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must have strong written communication skills.
- Must have strong organizational skills and pay close attention to detail.
- Requires good verbal communication with strong problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to learn, operate and use internal systems and other programs (WideOrbit, DARE, AE INBOX, E-PORT, KANTAR, WRAP, NIELSEN and Scarborough) for research purposes.
- Prior experience as a Sales Assistant in a media-related field is a plus. Prior experience in research also a plus.
- Degree preferred; equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
This is the only method in which applications will be accepted for open positions.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Only qualified candidates considered for this position will be contacted for an interview. We regret that we cannot accept phone calls or respond to individual inquiries.
Thanks for visiting CW50!
WKBD-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
It is the continuing policy of CW50 to afford equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or physical or mental disability, veteran's status, marital status, or height or weight and to conform to applicable federal and state laws and regulations.