If you’re looking for a career that will motivate, challenge, and excitement, look no further. CW50 offers you the potential to grow in a creative, fun, and fast-paced work environment.
Work for a company with a long history of success and be a part of an award-winning team. The CW50 staff is comprised of dedicated and enthusiastic people who each possess unique talents and abilities. The Emmys, The Telly Awards, The Associated Press News Awards, The Michigan Association of Broadcasting Awards are just a few of the many awards achieved by employees at CW50.
CW50 provides careers in business, commercial production, design, engineering, office services, programming, promotions, public affairs, and sales.
We take note of hard work and promote from within. There are also plenty of opportunities for relocation at one of our many stations across the country.
CBS Corporation places a high value on providing equal employment opportunity and maintaining a diverse workforce. We work hard to comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination, and we strive to make our workforce reflect the rich diversity of our society. CBS Corporation recruits and hires without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.
We offer excellent benefit packages for our full-time employees.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- 401k with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
WKBD CW50 Detroit welcomes your cooperation in its recruitment efforts. If you know of individuals who might be interested and qualified for this position, please refer them to us as indicated in the description.
Please do not mail, email, or fax resumes to our offices. Only qualified candidates considered will be contacted for an interview.
SALES ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
CBS Television (WWJ CBS 62 & WKBD CW50) in Detroit is seeking a highly motivated, self-starter with previous experience in broadcast television, cable and/or digital to join the country’s premier O&O broadcast group. Ideal candidate will have a proven record of growing transactional business, prospecting & closing new business, and experience selling across multiple screens and markets. Possessing a marketing mindset and an understanding of the role advertising plays across a variety of businesses is a must. Looking for a team player, with a drive to succeed in a goal-oriented, fast-paced sales environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Sell CBS properties and assets to advertising agencies & direct clients
- Grow transactional account revenue and share
- Develop new broadcast and digital business
- Sell high-profile events and create customized advertising opportunities that help clients grow their business
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with marketing decision makers
- Accurately project and forecast revenue activity
- Possess excellent presentation, problem-solving and analytic skills
- Proven negotiator who is effectively persuasive with all client types
- Ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, creative, energetic and driven to succeed
- Excellent time management skills and have ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in traditional advertising platforms and products (Wide Orbit, Strata, Salesforce, Nielsen, ComScore)
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint & Excel
- Proven track record of sales success and knowledge of online sales offerings
- College degree preferred
This is the only method in which applications will be accepted for open positions. Please include a cover letter with your resume.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Only qualified candidates considered for this position will be contacted for an interview. We regret that we cannot accept phone calls or respond to individual inquiries.
Thanks for visiting CW50!
WKBD-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
It is the continuing policy of CW50 to afford equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or physical or mental disability, veteran’s status, marital status, or height or weight and to conform to applicable federal and state laws and regulations.