FRASER TOWNSHIP, Michigan (WNEM) – State police believe deadly levels of carbon monoxide may have led to the death of two people in Bay County.

Troopers were sent to a residence in the 2000 block of Kaiser Tower Road after a 911 caller reported finding two people deceased inside about 3:30 p.m. on Sunday, April 10.

READ MORE: FDA Head: Baby Formula Factory Could Reopen By Next Week

Both of the victims and their dogs were found dead inside the home. According to the preliminary investigation, Bridgitte Hill, 60, from Pinconning, and Dennis Mackenzie, 60, from Au Gres, were staying at the residence without power or heat.

Investigators found a generator in the basement and multiple electric and propane space heaters throughout the home, Michigan State Police said. State police believe improper ventilation while the power and heat sources were operating may have caused deadly levels of carbon monoxide.

READ MORE: Wynonna Judd To Continue Planned Tour With Guests As Tribute To Late Mother Naomi

While the incident is still under investigation, anyone with more information is asked to call the Michigan State Police Tri-City Post at 989-495-5555.

Anyone struggling to get heat or electricity services is asked to call 211 to be connected with services that can help. When using a generator or space heaters, residents are advised to provide proper ventilation and ensure carbon monoxide monitors are operational.

MORE NEWS: 2,175 Pounds Of Pot Found In Semi Truck In Detroit

The-CNN-Wire™ & © 2022 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. All rights reserved.