MARSHALL, Mich. (AP) — A man has died weeks after he was among eight people who were injured in a natural gas explosion and fire at a southern Michigan home.
Family members said Dustin Boggess, 38, rushed back into the Marshall house to rescue a 2-year-old child during the April 12 incident. He died Friday.READ MORE: Beaumont Health, Spectrum Health Plan To Merge, Operate 22 Hospitals
“If he had a chance to do it all over again, knowing that he would still lose his life, he would do it in a heartbeat,” cousin Ashley Johnson told WOOD-TV. “That’s just who he was.”
A 27-year-old woman remains at University of Michigan hospital, and the girl is at Bronson Hospital in Kalamazoo, Marshall Fire Chief Martin Erskine said Monday.READ MORE: Michigan Reports 172 New COVID-19 Cases, 20 Deaths
Erskine said he didn’t have any details about Boggess’ rescue effort.
“All occupants were out of the house upon our arrival,” he said.MORE NEWS: Judge Greg Mathis To Build New Community Center, Affordable Housing On Detroit's Westside
© 2021 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.