By Juwan Outlaw, CBS 62/CW50 Intern
With the new Apple iPhone X set to release for a jaw-dropping price tag of $999, here are 10 things you can get for $1,000 or less. You won’t believe what 1k can get you!READ MORE: Michigan Reports 7,733 New COVID-19 Cases, 35 Deaths
• 188 Pumpkin Spice Lattes (Grande size) from Starbucks ($997)
They say money can’t buy happiness, but it can buy you enough Pumpkin Spice Lattes to make the Great Pumpkin jealous, Charlie Brown!
• 2 Round Trip tickets from Detroit to LA + 4 night stay at a Hotel ($919)
This is something that can fluctuate depending on the time of the year, but during a random cold Michigan week you and a friend can snag a warm getaway to bright & sunny LA for less than $500, leaving the other half for a nice hotel and spending money.
• 200 Big Macs from McDonald’s ($854)
Expect a visit from the Hamburglar or an ambulance with this purchase.
• 200 Whoppers from Burger King ($900)
200 flame-broiled burgers will cost you a little bit more at rival Burger King, but that’s the price that comes with dealing with the King.
• 7½ year’s worth of Netflix ($1,000)READ MORE: Fall Hayrides Begin Oct. 1 At Heritage Park In Farmington Hills
For $1,000 you can stop mooching off your ex’s Netflix account and get 7+ years of Netflix yourself. Yes, Sarah, I know you’re still watching “Fuller House” on my account!
• 1,003 ChapSticks (variety 3-pack) ($998)
If you have luscious lips like myself then you can go through (or lose) a ton of ChapStick. 1,003 pieces should be more than enough to get you by.
• 6 – 32″ inch Vizio HD TVs ($900)
Would you rather have 6 – 32″ HD TV’s or one phone that has a display size of 5.8”?
• 1 nonstop round-trip flight from Detroit to Beijing, China ($859)
Fun Fact: 2018 is the year of the Dog. According to the Chinese Zodiac, people under the Dog sign (Scorpios & Libras) may experience ups and downs in their overall luck. Just like your luck, prices may go up and down depending on the date of the flight.
• UberXL ride from Detroit to Toronto, Canada ($709-$945)
Accidentally bought tickets to see Drake (or Justin Bieber if you’re into that stuff) in Toronto instead of the new Little Caesars Arena downtown? Well, you can request an UberXL ride from Detroit to Toronto for less than 1k. Just make sure you bring a passport or enhanced license.
• 755 Mega Rolls of Bounty Paper Towels ($1,000)
Last, but certainly not least is the quicker picker upper, Bounty. We’ve all heard the saying, “never cry over spilled milk” and for $1,000, you’ll never have to shed another tear with 755 Mega Rolls of Bounty Paper Towels.
MORE NEWS: Ballot Drive: Join Michigan With National Popular Vote Pact
Juwan Outlaw is a senior at Wayne State University studying Media Arts and Studies. Upon graduation, Juwan plans to pursue a career in television production.