This Saturday, April 22nd is the seventh annual Detroit x Detroit show at The Loving Touch in Ferndale! At 8PM, 15 bands on two stages will be rockin’ out the best tunes in Detroit from past and present. This one-of-a-kind show allows Detroit artists to pick an iconic Detroit band and play a 3-song set in full, cover fashion (outfits and antics included).
You won’t want to miss this year’s line-up! So, in honor of one of our favorite Detroit music events, we’ve crafted a playlist featuring a handful of the artists performing this weekend.
Tickets are $10 at the door and all proceeds are donated to The School of Rock to keep Detroit music alive throughout the generations.
What more could you ask for?
Check out the bands (and who they’re covering) below!
1. The Messenger Birds (as Andrew W.K.) – “Pay No Mind”
2. Zander Michigan (as Smokey Robinson) – “Green Socks”
3. Two Cheers (as The Supremes) – “Be Brave”
4. The Social Bandits (as Vulfpeck) – “Lonely Ghost”
5. Foster Muldoon (as John Lee Hooker) – “Songwriter’s Song”
6. Jerry Dreams (as Bob Seger) – “Charleston S.C.”
7. The Bruised Reed (as Citizen Smile) – “Messed Up”
8. Chrissy Morgan (as Brendan Benson) – “Simple Love Song”
9. A Year In New York (as Mike Posner) – “Brighter”
10. Six and The Sevens (as The Romantics) – “Look at Myself”
Check back next week for more of your favorite Detroit artists and events! We’ve got you covered!