Misha Collins, who plays Castiel on “Supernatural,” recently launched registration for his scavenger hunt, which he called with no lack of grandeur the “greatest international scavenger hunt the world has ever know” — GISHWHES for short.
The competition is a week-long worldwide scavenger hunt with teams racing to gain the most points by completing as many items on the scavenger list as possible. Teams can either consist of a group of friends who register together or individuals who register and are placed onto random teams.READ MORE: Rolling Stone Magazine Named ‘Respect’ #1 Song Of All Time
In an attempt to keep the competition fair, all teams consist of 15 people; however, participants are allowed to ask for help and most items call for the assistance of others. So what are they searching for? Items on the list are created by Misha Collins and his team at Gishwhes, and let’s just say they’re not run of the mill.
Here are a few examples of things participants had to gather from last year’s list.
3. A storm trooper in full costume including leggings (not just the mask!) cleaning a pool. We must see someone lounging in a swimsuit holding a cocktail nearby. 78 points
34. Calendar item: Wear cheese and wear it well. You cannot be wearing anything but cheese. You may use any type of cheese you wish. Supermodel it posed next to or on a classic car (a classic car is any car that predates 1980.) 98 points
64. Attend a professional soccer (a.k.a. “football” everywhere but North America) game dressed in a US football uniform. Pads, helmet, cleats, etc. 72 pointsREAD MORE: Trump Endorses Election Fraud Lawyer For Michigan AG
95. Kilt made entirely of sliced cucumbers. Must be worn by a man. (From Xiomara Dilrosun) 104 points
152. “The Maryam Al-Thani” – Dress up in Amish clothes, and use a horse or horses to tow your car into the parking lot of a corporate office building complex with “Gangnam Style” playing out of the car’s stereo. 70 points
Participants submit proof of their items either via photo or video to the Gishwhes website and each item is confirmed by judges who assign points based on completion and sometimes extra points for creativity.
While the main point of the competition is to have fun — there are prizes. The grand prize this year is a three-day, all-expense-paid trip to Vancouver, BC (Canada), where they will “take a chartered seaplane to a majestic island and be joined by Misha Collins for fish stew, a séance, and something strange, exciting and Viking-related.” In addition to the trip to Vancouver and any Viking ‘treasure’ they find, members of the winning team will also receive the Gishwhes Golden Wooster Pendant.
“We only make 15 pendants every year. Wearing it will forever mark you as one of the Grand Masters of Gishwhes,” organizers said.MORE NEWS: Michigan Reports 5,616 New COVID-19 Cases, 68 Deaths
To participate in the hunt there is a minimum cost of $10 but participants can pay up to $269 and receive bonus items like a Gishwhes flag and have Misha record a personal message. Check out the GISHWHES mansion to see some photos and videos from last year’s hunt.