If you’re looking for a career that will motivate, challenge and excitement, look no further. CW50 offers you the potential to grow in a creative, fun and fast-paced work environment.
Click here to jump to our internship page.
Work for a company with a long history of success and be a part of an award-winning team. The CW50 staff is comprised of dedicated and enthusiastic people who each possess unique talents and abilities. The Emmys, The Telly Awards, The Associated Press News Awards, The Michigan Association of Broadcasting Awards are just a few of the many awards achieved by employees at CW50.
CW50 provides careers in business, commercial production, design, engineering, office services, programming, promotions, public affairs, sales, and traffic.
We take note of hard work and promote from within. There are also plenty of opportunities for relocation at one of our many stations across the country.
CBS Corporation places a high value on providing equal employment opportunity and maintaining a diverse workforce. We work hard to comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination, and we strive to make our workforce reflect the rich diversity of our society. CBS Corporation recruits and hires without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.
We offer excellent benefit packages for our full-time employees.
Medical, Dental and Vision
401k with company match
Paid vacation and holidays
WKBD CW50 Detroit welcomes your cooperation in its recruitment efforts. If you know of individuals who might be interested and qualified for this position, please refer them to us as indicated in the description.
Please do not mail, email, or fax resumes to our offices. Only qualified candidates considered will be contacted for an interview.
The Web Producer produces compelling content for CBSDetroit.com & CW50detroit.com, under the guidance of the Digital Content Manager, and writes/schedules posts across station social media accounts. The primary goal is to create engaging content to assist with building site traffic and growing social media reach.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Scheduling and production of website content for CBSDetroit.com & CW50detroit.com
- Under leadership from Digital Content Manager, creatively brainstorm and produce compelling articles, videos, & interactive content to resonate with local users
- Schedule and write social media posts for all CBS Detroit & CW50 Detroit accounts
- Assist in adapting TV materials to CBSDetroit.com & CW50detroit.com
- Work to increase traffic through outreach to other content aggregators
- Help represent the stations in the online sphere (station websites and social media), interacting with users, answering comments, and addressing inquiries as they arise.
- Work with Digital Content Manager to maintain overall integrity of websites
MINIMUM ABILITY, SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent writing skills (and copy-editing skills) a must.
- Thorough attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and work under tight deadlines
- Must be social media savvy
- Eye for good local and viral content
- Experience with WordPress & Adobe Photoshop preferred.
- Experience shooting and editing photos/videos – knowledge of Final Cut Pro &/or Adobe Premier is a plus.
- Degree preferred; equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
This is the only method in which applications will be accepted for open positions.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Only qualified candidates considered for this position will be contacted for an interview. We regret that we cannot accept phone calls or respond to individual inquiries.
Thanks for visiting CW50!
WKBD-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the continuing policy of CBS/CW50 Detroit to afford equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or physical or mental disability, veteran's status, marital status, or height or weight and to conform to applicable federal and state laws and regulations.