Community

Latest Community

(credit: Sheridan Norfolk)

Beans & Cornbread Is Food For The Soul

You know what they say “food is good the soul” and Beans and Cornbread is known for doing the soul good.

06/27/2014

10288566_vk

How To Make The Best Fashion Decisions With Sydney B

This is Style in the D, and I’m your host Sydney B! Style is a way to say who you are without having to speak. The difference between style and fashion is quality! Here are [...]

06/23/2014

keyframe12

Young Entrepreneurs Featuring Raw Impact

There are no secrets to success. It’s the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure. This week’s Web Exclusive is about young entrepreneurs. I had the pleasure of interviewing Westley Amica III, Manager [...]

06/20/2014

(credit: CW50)

Watch Street Beat: HIV / AIDS

This week on Street Beat, host Amyre Makupson takes an in-depth look at the HIV/AIDS epidemic facing the state and the organizations who are helping fight the problem.

06/20/2014

keyframe15

Cheering In The D

Since the age of nine, I’ve been a part of the Detroit PAL organization. I started out as a cheer leader for the Eastside Colts and later joined the Eastside Raiders, two of the football [...]

06/16/2014

(credit: CW50)

Watch Street Beat: Men’s Health

In a Father’s Day edition of Street Beat, WWJ Newsradio 950 Health Reporter Sean Lee talks about men’s health.

06/13/2014

Credit: CW50 Detroit

Willie Horton’s 13th Annual Batting For Kids Challenge!

The Willie Horton 13th Annual Batting for Kids Baseball Challenge is right around the corner and your little batter could be up next.

06/11/2014

(Credit: Wayne County Family Aquatic Center)

Dive Into Fun

Cool out this summer with family and friends at the Wayne County Family Aquatic Center. Wayne County’s largest water park has a capacity of 2,000 and is a smoke and alcohol free facility. It’s located [...]

06/09/2014

(credit: George Fox/CBS Detroit)

Watch Street Beat: Public Service Careers & Take Steps

This week on Street Beat, host Rob Stone from 99.5 WYCD looks at careers in the public service sector.

06/04/2014

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 271 other followers