Community

Latest Community

New Image

Give Kids A Smile Day Free Dental Care For Kids!

First 100 kids to register at University Of Michigan School Of Dentistry receive free dental care on April 5 2014.

03/21/2014

(credit: George Fox/CBS 62)

Friendship Bakery Teaches Special Needs Students Kitchen And Social Skills

A Metro Detroit community group is giving adults with special needs a chance to learn several skills needed to get a job. Classes at the Friendship Bakery, a 9-week program, are held Thursdays inside the Jewish Community Center in West Bloomfield Township.

03/20/2014

SB Pic for 0315

WATCH Street Beat: Human Trafficking

This week on Street Beat, host Amyre Makupson learns about the problem of human trafficking from Vista Maria Vice President, Meredith Reese.

03/17/2014

Disney On Ice: Let's Celebrate!

‘Disney on Ice’ Sensory-Friendly Performance This Thursday!

CW50 is excited to announce a sensory-friendly performance of “Disney on Ice: Let’s Celebrate” this Thursday at the Palace of Auburn Hills, in partnership with Feld Entertainment and the Autism Alliance of MIchigan!

03/16/2014

(Credit: Tour de Troit)

Du Nain Rouge 5K Runners Protect Detroit From A Mythical Red Imp

The Nain Rouge has been haunting Detroit since 1701. Help run this evil red imp out of town during this 5K.

03/14/2014

(Photo Credit: The Shooting Gallery)

‘Wish Upon A Wedding’ Helps People In Extreme Circumstances Tie The Knot

By Carissa Hutchinson @cnhutch1991 During my freshman year of college I joined Delta Zeta. The reason why I picked them was because in my eyes I thought their philanthropies were very important. Delta Zeta supports [...]

03/14/2014

(Photo Credit: Goodby, Silverstein, and Partners)

Alternatives For Girls Role Model Dinner

Alternatives For Girls helps at-risk girls and young women reach their full potential.

03/13/2014

Credit: CW50

WATCH Street Beat: Women’s History Month

This week on Street Beat, host Jill Washburn looks at how the world is changing for women during Women’s History Month.

03/07/2014

(credit: Paul Pytlowany)

Franciscan Monk, Brother Al Lifts Spirits Of Detroit Bus Stop Patrons

This friar minstrel is working hard to spread some warmth to Detroiters.

03/04/2014