Our favorite time of year is here once again – Pig & Whiskey! The one special weekend where you can gorge on BBQ, drown in whiskey and beer, and dance the night away to some of the best local music Detroit has to offer. It’s a celebration of all things awesome.
All ages are welcome and admission is free. So, what’s stopping you?
The spread is impeccable with 70+ whiskeys, bourbons and scotches, 18 BBQ joints and restaurants, barrels of beer, and live music ALL DAY.
Even more entertainment is scheduled for this year with Modern Skate & Surf Royal Oak’s “Extreme Team” performing aerial acrobatics on their specially designed half-pipe ramp. There will be skateboarders, in-line skaters, and freestyle bike riders awing the crowd on both Saturday and Sunday. Demonstration times begin at 2pm, 4pm, and 6pm. So make sure to check it out!
So to get you amped up for the festivities, we’re bringing you a playlist dedicated to some of the great acts playing Pig & Whiskey this year!
1. Electric Six – “Roulette!”
2. Le Voyage – “Complacent Love”
3. Holy White Hounds – “Switchblade”
(Special guests from Des Moines, IA)
4. Goober and The Peas – “Up the Stairs”
5. Honey Babe – “Lemon-Coated Candy Girl”
6. The Blueflowers – “I Can’t Let Go”
7. American Mars – “If I’m Gonna Get Old”
8. Mustard Plug – “Mr. Smiley”
9. Joe Hertler – “Captain America”
10. Kevin Thibodeau- “It Doesn’t Matter How Much You Got”
For more information about the festival, vendors and lineup go to the Pig & Whiskey site – here!
Check back next week for another playlist filled with local Detroit artists doing what they do best – awesome music.
Have a release coming up? Know someone who would like to be featured on one of our playlists? Let us know in the comments! We’re always itching for some new tunes to discover.