CW50 is excited to be partnering with Feld Entertainment and the Autism Alliance of Michigan to bring local families “sensory-friendly” performances of their favorite shows for the 2013-2014 performance season!
What does this mean for you? When Disney on Ice: Let’s Celebrate (and previously, Disney on Ice: 100 Years of Magic, Disney Junior Live: Pirate & Princess, Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey presents Dragons) visits the Palace of Auburn Hills, a select performance from will be designated as a sensory-friendly show.
Sensory-Friendly Performances will include:
- Pre-show “Behind-the-Scenes” Presentation to take place before doors open to the general public*
- Photo Opportunities with Characters (and for the Disney on Ice shows, also with skaters)
- Show “running-order” available so you and your child can anticipate special noises and effects
- Quiet Room on-site with coloring pages, activity sheets, and more
*NOTE: “Sensory-Friendly” performances do not alter the shows themselves, but rather, make the environment “sensory-friendly” – and more enjoyable for those with special needs.
PLUS – enjoy $5 off per ticket with the code: AUTISM
When you purchase your tickets for the sensory-friendly performance (date and ticketing info below), using the code AUTISM will not only save you a few bucks, but it will also pull your tickets from a special section designated for our Autism Alliance families. This section will be located near the Quiet Room on the concourse.
Ticket and show information:
- Disney on Ice: Let’s Celebrate: Tickets not yet available on palacenet.com (March 20th performance is sensory-friendly)
These will be the inaugural sensory-friendly performances of these four shows in the Metro Detroit area. Thanks to our friends at Feld Entertainment and the Autism Alliance of Michigan for joining forces with us to make these shows enjoyable for everyone!
Questions? Email email@example.com