STATE CHAMPS! Division 2 Football Semifinal – Birmingham Brother Rice Vs. Wyandotte Roosevelt
This week it’s the high school football semifinals for a spot to play at Ford Field on Thanksgiving weekend, for the best coverage tuned into STATE CHAMPS! High School Sports Show on CW50 Detroit this Sunday morning at 11:30 a.m. hosted by Lorne Plant.
STATE CHAMPS! will highlight football semifinals of our local teams across Southeast Michigan. Our main event will be the Division 2 Football Semifinal between Birmingham Brother Rice (10-2) vs. Wyandotte Roosevelt (11-1) – Saturday afternoon at 1:00pm at Gibraltar Carlson High School. The defending Division 2 State Champs – Brother Rice with a impressive 42-12 win over Walled Lake Western in the regional final, are looking to make it back to Ford Field for the second year in a row. Wyandotte Roosevelt coming off a 10-6 over Oak Park in last Friday’s regional final is making its first trip to the semifinals since 2001. STATE CHAMPS! will also have cameras at these football semifinals this weekend.
- Detroit Catholic Central (8-4) vs. Rockford (10-2) – Division 1 Semifinal at Battle Creek Central High School – Saturday at 1:00pm
- Detroit Cass Tech (10-2) vs. Lake Orion (11-1) – Division 1 Semifinal at Troy Athens High School – Saturday at 1:00pm
- Orchard Lake Saint Mary’s (10-2) vs. Battle Creek Harper Creek (10-2) – Division 3 Semifinal at Chelsea High School – Saturday at 1:00pm
- Detroit Country Day (10-2) at Saginaw Swan Valley (10-2) – Division 4 Semifinal at Ortonville Brandon High School – Saturday at 1:00pm
- Ann Arbor Father Gabriel Richard (11-1) at Portland (11-1) – Division 5 Semifinal at Howell High School – Saturday at 1:00pm
- Monroe Saint Mary Catholic Central (10-2) at Constantine (10-2) – Division 6 Semifinal at Battle Creek Harper Creek High School – Saturday at 1:00pm
- Detroit Loyola (12-0) at Flint Beecher (8-4) – Division 7 Semifinal at Fenton High School – Saturday at 1:00pm
STATE CHAMPS! will have highlights of the Volleyball State Finals from the Kellogg Arena in Battle Creek and the Girls Swimming Finals. Also, Lorne Plant and Tom Markowski will announce the Final Four candidates in the 2012 Metro PCS Mr. Football Race. Check out STATE CHAMPS! Sunday mornings at 11:30 a.m. on CW50.